Wednesday, December 4, 2013


S E L F    P O R T R A I T S





























The following photos have a deeper meaning to me personally. For years before my dad left he abused me. It was never enough to blacken eyes, bust lips, or leave large marks, but these photos symbolize the way they made me feel. For years this has been a burden I have constantly carried with me; an unshakable nagging on my shoulder reminding me that I wasn't worth being treated like a normal child. After I finished this photo assignment I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It helped me shake off some of the pain that was caused by these events. I would like to thank my teacher for assigning this as our project. It helped me feel a lot better about things in my past.














No comments:

Post a Comment